Friday, February 6, 2009

God's Country

Greetings from "God's Country"

Funny story, while sitting in church everyone was talking about how beautiful "God's Country" is and how much they love living in it. It took me a minute to remember that I am in Texas. EVERYTHING is Bigger and Better in Texas. And EVERYONE will tell you that!

Patrick and I have been trying to stay busy while we are still looking for jobs, at times it gets a little frustrating. Getting a job should not be this hard... right. So we have been watching movies, and LOST and reading books. Patrick likes the historical kind of books, me I'd rather read Harry Potter or Twilight(which- be proud of me I have NOT seen the movie yet) But I started the book Kingdom and the Crown it is set in the time and Life of Christ, and it is quite a good read. It mingles facts with fiction to bring about a very interesting and entertaining story. kinda like the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris Heimerdinger. Ok I LOVE these books, but it has taken him forever and a day to write the next book in the series there are 10 out I think, and it has taken like 4 years to get the next book out. But we all know that I will still read it as soon as it comes out and most likely will re-read the other books.
I am planning a coup- Patrick WILL read the Harry Potter books- even if I have to read them out loud to him!

Ok anyway tangent over. Patrick and I went to the Dallas Temple this week and it was a lot of fun. It is always amazing the spirit that you feel at the temple.

Me and Patrick at the temple


The High Five.
So a couple of years ago I watched a Modern Marvels with my Dad and they were talking all about the High Five it is a Five Level Interchange. It is HUGE. If you are on the highest interchange you are taller than almost all the buildings- about at the same level as a ten story building. It is amazing how traffic kind of just flows right through it, without any slowing at all.
EWWIE EWWIE!!!! "Little Lewis" aka. Lewis Goodrum came home this week. Patrick's "band of brothers" are almost all home from the mission- soon they will unite and terrorize the world. :)
Patrick had an awesome group of guys to hang out with when he was growing up, Lewis and his brother Alex have almost officially adopted Patrick into their family. They swear they have fed him enough meals they claim him as a child! Lewis just got of his mission in Hondouras, and will be here until April when he goes back to BYU! YAY Patrick has his friend back!!!

Dallas Temple
Hey you're not Smiling!!!
Ok thats better- now if you could just look at the camera!
So i realized that we never got a picture of our rings. Patrick bought me mine- we actualoly went to the ring store and I picked out ones that I liked to give him an idea. He got the one that I loved the most!
Now Patrick's ring is a little different. If you look closely there are two diamonds set in the star of David. This ring belonged to his great-great-grandmother. She believedthat she was a Jew- we still haven't found any proof yet that she was. Women's rings back then were just the band- and surprizingly it fit Patrik just perfectly. Patrick was studying Middle Eastern Studies when I met him, but after we looked into it more we saw that that kind of work would not be ideal to raise a family in.

So we have been trying to decide our next move, adn I think we have got a plan. Patrick will go to the community college here and transfer to UTD and get a business degree, then we will go on to Law school- a choice that is very fitting for him. I am going to try to get into nursing school to become an RN. That way while he is in Law School I can work, I think it is sokmething that I will like too. But we still have quite a while- and plans change. But for now, that is where we are headed. Each day is a new adventure, but it is much easier when you can go through it with your best friend!!

4 comments:

  1. Kay I just wanted to let you know that if you cut Alaska in thirds, Texas would be the 4th largest state... just sayin!! :o) You'll have to get used to Alaska/Texas size jokes if we remain friends!! HAHAHA!! I love how plans change, get refined, change again, and you end up doing something totally different, but so right. Good luck as you find your plan. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I not know about Patrick's ring??? Wow - I need to communicate better with my little brother! Sounds like you guys are having fun! Good luck getting used to Texas - as much as they don't want to admit it, my mom is the only native Texan in the family. Kendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your life! I think you would make an excellent R.N. I would come to you for stitches any day! (Do nurses do stitches?)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another Harry Potter fan in the family! :) I was able to convert David back when we were engaged; good luck getting Patrick to read them. (Although my dad, who NEVER reads fiction finally broke down and listened to them on tape, so maybe there's hope.) And that's neat about nursing school and law school. It's always nice to have plans, even if they change. :)

    ReplyDelete