Thursday, April 23, 2009

OUR NEW HOME!

We are FINALLY in our new place!!!!

Patrick and I moved into our new apartment about a month ago. It is absolutely wonderful having a place of our own! Our place is perfect for us. it is like a town home apartment. The downstairs has the kitchen and living room and upstairs the bathroom and bedroom.

We bought a NEW BED!!!!!! I don't think I have ever slept this good in my LIFE!!! We got a Simmons Beauty Mattress, and all I have to say is that it is WORTH the money. But other than the bed being absolutely the most comfy bed ever. Is our Bedding- it comes in second!

We got down pillows and a blanket with a Dovet cover- Love love LOVE the duvte cover!!! We honestly didn't know what it was when we first got it, (you put it over the down comforter- who knew)

We got a new TV, couch and chairs. Coffee table and end tables, but we did it all way cheap, let me tell ya' IKEA is our friend!

I love coming home to my own place! I love cooking in my Kitchen! And baking in my oven, and my new toaster oven. and making cookies, and dinner, and CLEANING my own house!

I still HATE the laundry!!!! I will put it off until I do not have any clean clothes left!

So life has been good! We are still getting used to having our own space, It is really nice to come home and BE home.

But speaking of Home, I am going to California next week to see my family. Patrick can't come because of work, so I will be flying solo. This is one of the last times my family is ALL going to be together. Michael and Thomas are going back to BYU, Kim will be there in the Winter, Thomas leaves for his mission in a year... So for a while this is gonna be the last time we are ALL going to be together, and I miss my family. I am still getting used to the idea that I can't just go home, It's not my home anymore. Texas is, Patrick is. So I am very excited to go home and see them, and to go to the beach, and SURF, and TAN!!!!

Patrick and I start school in a couple of weeks, He is taking English classes and I am taking Anatomy and Phisiology, this should be fun/ interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, and your new place is wonderful!

    Can't wait for dinner next week, Lance and I are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys have your own place now! Have fun with your family in CA! Kendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting.. It is always fun to have your own place, hopefully we'll get to see you guys if you come to utah this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...new homes are the best aren't they!? My husband and I are currently looking for our first home and can't wait till we find it! You should post pics of your place...I'd love to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete