well, last night was kind of scary. I noticed a few bumps on my arm that looked like spider bits, but they were a lot bigger and ouch-ier than i ever remembered a spider bite being. then the next time i looked i could clearly tell that i had broken out in hives or welts all over my arm and my eves, and i itched every where. i went to take a bath hoping that it would help the itching. but then i noticed that my throat was getting really really tight. I monitored my breathing an throat for a couple more minutes, and it was getting a lot worse. so we went to the ER, and got me on an IV. it got to the point that i could barely breath. the thing that scares me now is that i have NO IDEA what i am allergic to.
what i ate that day (now no making fun... i am on vacation right)
Trixs cereal, some peppermint bark, a piece of a chocolate orange, a refried bean and cheese burrito, and that's IT!!!
I was wondering if any one has had an allergic reaction to switching birth controls?
or from being on Paxil?
leave me a comment if you have any ideas. i cannot go to an allergist wile i am on the medication they gave me to get better. i am just afraid to eat anything!!!
Cute Kayla
16 years ago

Maybe it's not something you ate. Do you have a real Christmas tree. I had a serious reactio when I was little to someones tree. Or maybe it is your cats.
ReplyDeleteChrista
I had 2 'random' anaphylactic attacks a few years ago. allergists told me I wasn't allergic to anything. but after my own testing and the help of a doctor that thought outside the box, it turned out to be hormones. meats and cheeses with hormones in them make me all itchy and scratchy and I couldn't take birth control for the same reason. plus occasional hives. for sure look into that! seriously the scariest thing ever! im so very sorry! keep benadryl on you at all times and take it if anything starts again because it can stop anaphylaxis... but also be sure to get a prescription for an epi pen. I've never had to use it, but it sure makes me feel safer! call or email me if you want to know more of my story. GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDelete