SO Patrick and I have finally figured out what the next couple of years are going to look like. It has been a couple of eventful weeks for us here.
Patrick got a job! He is a regional Teller for Texans Credit Union. He is still training right now, but soon he will be traveling to all the different locations and filling in whenever anyone is on vacation or out for a sick day. He is the big provider now! I think he really likes it. We were about to go insane without having jobs. Patrick did much better than me. But thankfully I got one and I have been having a BLAST working in the office of Berret Pest Control WooHOO!
So now since we both have jobs, we decided that the hotel we got for our birthday was just too nice. It was wonderful to have your own space. So we kind of decided to rethink our strategy. We were planning to wait till the end of the year save up some money and buy our own house. But as we thought about it we will only be here for 3 years, then Patrick will be off to Law school. We will not be staying in Dallas for that so there really is not point in buying a place.
So....... In one week we are finally moving into our own place!!!! We have already got a nice leather couch- craigslist, and kitchen table-garage sale. We move in on the 17th and finally get to open all of our Wedding Presents! It will be like Christmas all over again.
Yesterday we went to the college here and figured out our schedules for school. Patrick will be taking as many generals while still working full time. I will be taking anatomy and physiology. Hopefully I will get into their nursing program next year and get my RN. Patrick will do what he can at Quad C then transfer to UTD and major in business and finance.
I really like it here in Texas- although the yo-yo weather is kinda hard to get used to. Its 80 one day then rainy and 40 the next. But i guess I need to enjoy it while I can, because when the summer comes it gets hot, and stays hot!!
Oh I want California back!!!
.....................................................................................................................................................................
Fun Stuff
A couple of weekends ago we went to see the Mustangs at Las Colinas- they are statues that try to capture the free spirit of the Mustangs- it was really cool. They look like they are running through the water. they are life like horses and very anatomically correct. Which I thought was kinda funny. :)
Our Birthday cake compliments to Chef Cindy
Well, so thats what we have been up to for the past couple of weeks. now we are just getting things ready to move into our own place. This Friday! YAY!
Patrick is at a Mavricks game RIGHT NOW and I'm sure is having a time of his life!
And I will settle down to read a book- ok I confess I started the Twilight series again. I started reading it because I found Twilight and New Moon online. I can read books online during my free time at work cuz then no one KNOW S that I am not working :) Just kidding but kinda serious... we have a lot of down time- well we did winter is not too busy for Pest control- it is starting to pick up again. But so I started the Twilight Series again. And I am on the last book again now. IIt is kind of funny, I used to read books to escape my life- my ordinary mundane life- devoid of any thrilling experiences. But now it is different especially when I read love stories like Twilight- because now I am in love, I understand on a different level. I am not longing to find love. The love I read about in books. I have my own- and although this sounds INCREDIBLY corny- Patrick is my Edward. He is everything that I couldever imagine wanting and more. I never thought that I could love someone as much as I love him. I can look into the future and although I don't know what it will hold for me, I am not afraid of it anymore. Because I know Patrick will always be there for me- forever- for eternity! It is a wonderful feeling!!

That is so sweet! Patrick is a good guy and everyone here at the Orem branch are so glad you are in his life! Congrats on the jobs and hope all is well with you two!!
ReplyDelete