So last Night we had Lance and Chelsea over for dinner. Love them, so Much fun! After dinner we played Phase 10 I was SO CLOSE to winning, but at least I am married to the winner! :)
I have been CRAVING Cafe Rio lately so I figured since I can't get it- I will make it.
So, I slow cooked the chicken, made the rice- I felt creative and MADE the tortillas- They were ok I didn't have a rolling pin... so I used a cup it worked but they were just a little thick! haha
We had the Chicken Salad, and I was pleasently surprised because it was SO GOOD!
The BEST part of it had to be the Cilantro Dressing. It Is Ahhh- mazing.
Seriously MAKE THIS!
Chicken
1 small bottle of zesty Italian dressing (about 8 0z.)
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves of garlic ( I used 3 Tbs of Garlic powder)
5 lbs of chicken
Put everything in a crock pot and cook on high for about 4 hours. shred chicken and then let it cook for another 45min-1hr.
Green Chile Rice
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth (I didn't have this- but it still turned out great!)
4 oz. green chiles
1 sm. onion, diced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. cumin
3 green onions.
Mix together and pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until rice is done at 350.
(We Didn't make the beans- I kind of forgot!)
Black Beans
1 Can black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 Cup tomato Juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
2 T olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 T fresh chopped cilantro
In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it.
Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in cilantro
Cilantro Salad Dressing
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (dry mix)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/2 - 1 small jalapeno (remove seed)
1 cup mayo
1 tsp. lime juice
1-2 tomatillos (remove outer papery skin)
1 garlic clove
Blend all ingredients in blender!
To make Salad:
LayerA tortilla with melted cheese on top
chicken
rice
dressing
beans
salad
greens (romaine lettuce)
pico de gallo (tomato, onino, cilantro, garlic, and jalepenos)
parmesan cheese
and
cilantro (for garnish)
We didn't add the pico De Gallo- I'm sure it would have been really good -I forgot!!! But All in All this was a GREAT dinner!!! You should Definentally try it!
Cute Kayla
16 years ago

Thanks for the recipes. It all sounds so good!
ReplyDeleteMMMMMMmmmmm, that all sounds DELICIOUS!! I might have to attempt these. I love fresh cilantro... so good! :o) Thanks for posting recipes! Sounds like it was a fun night!
ReplyDeleteThanks for having us over... We had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteYou and Patrick make quite the culinary team :)